Lankan court extends judicial remand of TN fishermen
Rameswaram: A Sri Lankan court on Thursday extended the judicial remand of 41 Tamil Nadu fishermen till August 29, officials said.
The fishermen, who had ventured into the sea in two groups on July 5 and August 5, were arrested by the Sri Lankan navy for allegedly fishing in Lankan waters.
Twenty-one fishermen, lodged in Anuradhapuram prison, and 20 fishermen, in Vavuniya prison, were produced before the Mannar District Judicial Magistrate Ananthi Kanagarrathinam who extended their remand.
The fishermen were later lodged in Vavuniya prison.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price