Lankan court extends judicial remand of TN fishermen
Rameswaram: A Sri Lankan court on Thursday extended the judicial remand of 41 Tamil Nadu fishermen till August 29, officials said.
The fishermen, who had ventured into the sea in two groups on July 5 and August 5, were arrested by the Sri Lankan navy for allegedly fishing in Lankan waters.
Twenty-one fishermen, lodged in Anuradhapuram prison, and 20 fishermen, in Vavuniya prison, were produced before the Mannar District Judicial Magistrate Ananthi Kanagarrathinam who extended their remand.
The fishermen were later lodged in Vavuniya prison.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CHSE Odisha +2 Result (CHSE result 2016) Exam Results 2016 likely to be declared shortly. Check chseodisha.nic.in, orissaresults.nic.in
- PM Narendra Modi silent on scams like Manmohan Singh: Arvind Kejriwal
- French Open 2016: Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic roll on, symmetry for Williams sisters
- Premier League: Jose Mourinho all set to take control at Manchester United
- Zika not a reason to cancel Rio Olympics, says US health official