Lankan national arrested under Goondas Act
Chennai: A Sri Lankan national, who was
arrested along with four others in connection with credit card fraud cases here, was Thursday detained under Goondas Act, police said.
Umesh Balaravindran was among the five who were arrested
on October 5 near here while attempting to use fake credit
cards and draw money near an ATM, a police release said.
The Sri Lankans had used fake ATM, credit cards, skimmer
and encoder machines, computer and a laptop to illegally draw
money, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises