Lankan navy damages boat, take away fish catch
Rameswaram: The Sri Lankan Navy allegedly damaged a fishing boat and took away fish catch from 10 vessels of fishermen when they were fishing near Katchateevu islet today.
A group of fishermen set out in 80 boats from nearby Pamban last night. When they were fishing near Katchatheevu, the naval personnel hit their ship with a boat and damaged it, M Gopinath, Rameswaram Fisheries Assistant Director said.
Eight persons who were in the boat were rescued by other fishermen, he said, adding, the navy personnel also took away fish catch from 10 boats.
The Lankan navy personnel also sent back another group of fishermen at Katchateevu after threatening to arrest them if they continued fishing in the area, Gopinath said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology