Lawyer released on bail in TN
Kumbakonam: A lawyer arrested last week in connection with the recent clash between some advocates and municipal employees has been released on bail by a local court.
Principal district and sessions judge R Sethumadhavan, who granted bail yesterday, however pulled up the Investigation Officer for proceeding without following the due process of law and not obtaining the opinion of the Public Prosecutor.
The lawyer was directed to execute a bond of Rs 5,000 together with two sureties for a like sum.
Thirteen municipal workers and five advocates were injured in the clash on June 27 over issue of providing death certificate.
Both sides had lodged complaints against each other and cases registered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets