Lawyer released on bail in TN
Kumbakonam: A lawyer arrested last week in connection with the recent clash between some advocates and municipal employees has been released on bail by a local court.
Principal district and sessions judge R Sethumadhavan, who granted bail yesterday, however pulled up the Investigation Officer for proceeding without following the due process of law and not obtaining the opinion of the Public Prosecutor.
The lawyer was directed to execute a bond of Rs 5,000 together with two sureties for a like sum.
Thirteen municipal workers and five advocates were injured in the clash on June 27 over issue of providing death certificate.
Both sides had lodged complaints against each other and cases registered.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users