Lawyer sentenced to 5 yrs imprisonment
Namakkal: A lawyer has been sentenced
to five years imprisonment by a local court and slapped a fine
of Rs 10 lakh for bigamy while his second wife and mother have
been sentenced to similar terms of imprisonment for abetting
Principal District and Sessions Court Judge N Velu (34)
also slapped a fine of Rs 10 lakh on him.
Seven others, including the lawyer`s mother and his second
wife were sentenced to five years each and fined Rs 5,000 for
abetting bigamy.One of the accused passed away some years ago.
The judge ordered the lawyer to pay the amount to his first
wife, also an advocate and her son.
The prosecution case was that muruganandham had married
another woman due to parental pressure after getting married
to his college sweetheart Damayanthi 23, hailing from a
different community some time back.
The woman pressured him to take him to her native place
after they started demanding Rs one lakh as dowry from her,
in which regard a case was registered, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you