Lawyer sentenced to 5 yrs imprisonment
Namakkal: A lawyer has been sentenced
to five years imprisonment by a local court and slapped a fine
of Rs 10 lakh for bigamy while his second wife and mother have
been sentenced to similar terms of imprisonment for abetting
Principal District and Sessions Court Judge N Velu (34)
also slapped a fine of Rs 10 lakh on him.
Seven others, including the lawyer`s mother and his second
wife were sentenced to five years each and fined Rs 5,000 for
abetting bigamy.One of the accused passed away some years ago.
The judge ordered the lawyer to pay the amount to his first
wife, also an advocate and her son.
The prosecution case was that muruganandham had married
another woman due to parental pressure after getting married
to his college sweetheart Damayanthi 23, hailing from a
different community some time back.
The woman pressured him to take him to her native place
after they started demanding Rs one lakh as dowry from her,
in which regard a case was registered, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Ranchi shocker: Teacher kills student because he was in love with her daughter
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- ICC World T20: Pakistan announce 15-man squad; Shahid Afridi to lead, Ahmed Shehzad dropped
- Net Neutrality: Facebook board member's offensive tweet on 'colonialism' leaves Indians fuming