Lawyers boycott court after power supply cut for bar office
Pudukottai (TN): Advocates of the district court here on Tuesday commenced a two-day boycott of work protesting disconnection of power supply to the local Bar Association building in the court complex for non-payment of dues to the electricity department.
Electricity board officials said power was disconnected as the arrears of bill touched Rs.3.30 lakh.
Though the association functionaries were urged to settle the bills, they had not responded to their reminders, the officials maintained.
However, the advocates said the power supply was disconnected without prior notice, a contention denied by officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Parliament deadlock: BJP says blame Sonia if Monsoon Session washed out, calls Congress 'confused'
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites