Lawyers boycott court after power supply cut for bar office
Pudukottai (TN): Advocates of the district court here on Tuesday commenced a two-day boycott of work protesting disconnection of power supply to the local Bar Association building in the court complex for non-payment of dues to the electricity department.
Electricity board officials said power was disconnected as the arrears of bill touched Rs.3.30 lakh.
Though the association functionaries were urged to settle the bills, they had not responded to their reminders, the officials maintained.
However, the advocates said the power supply was disconnected without prior notice, a contention denied by officials.
- 'Deal between PM Modi and Italy to fix Sonia Gandhi': BJP moves privilege motion against Ghulam Nabi Azad
- Nine Taliban militants killed in IED blast in Afghanistan's Badakhshan province
- WATCH: HILARIOUS! When Australian all-rounder James Faulkner turned Gujarati for a day
- Shocking: Woman abducted in Bengaluru, escapes rape bid after raising alarm
- Indian weightlifters earn two quota places for Olympics