Lawyers boycott court after power supply cut for bar office
Pudukottai (TN): Advocates of the district court here on Tuesday commenced a two-day boycott of work protesting disconnection of power supply to the local Bar Association building in the court complex for non-payment of dues to the electricity department.
Electricity board officials said power was disconnected as the arrears of bill touched Rs.3.30 lakh.
Though the association functionaries were urged to settle the bills, they had not responded to their reminders, the officials maintained.
However, the advocates said the power supply was disconnected without prior notice, a contention denied by officials.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police