Lawyers boycott court proceedings in Chennai
Chennai: Lawyers in various courts and tribunals in the Madras High Court campus boycotted court proceedings today to mark the fourth anniversary of clashes between the legal fraternity and police on this day in 2009.
The boycott call was supported by all legal associations, including Madras High Court Advocates Association, Tamil Nadu Advocates Association and Women Lawyers` Association.
Office bearers and members of these associations protested against the incident and later took out a procession on the High Court premises.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi