Lawyers boycott court proceedings in Chennai
Chennai: Lawyers in various courts and tribunals in the Madras High Court campus boycotted court proceedings today to mark the fourth anniversary of clashes between the legal fraternity and police on this day in 2009.
The boycott call was supported by all legal associations, including Madras High Court Advocates Association, Tamil Nadu Advocates Association and Women Lawyers` Association.
Office bearers and members of these associations protested against the incident and later took out a procession on the High Court premises.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP wins 82 seats in nail-biting finish, Shiv Sena 84; Uddhav, Fadnavis non-committal on alliance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in Mumbai but BJP the big winner
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up