Lawyers boycott court proceedings in Chennai
Chennai: Lawyers in various courts and tribunals in the Madras High Court campus boycotted court proceedings today to mark the fourth anniversary of clashes between the legal fraternity and police on this day in 2009.
The boycott call was supported by all legal associations, including Madras High Court Advocates Association, Tamil Nadu Advocates Association and Women Lawyers` Association.
Office bearers and members of these associations protested against the incident and later took out a procession on the High Court premises.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Really? Katrina Kaif rebuffs breaking up with Ranbir Kapoor?