Lawyers boycott court proceedings in Chennai
Chennai: Lawyers in various courts and tribunals in the Madras High Court campus boycotted court proceedings today to mark the fourth anniversary of clashes between the legal fraternity and police on this day in 2009.
The boycott call was supported by all legal associations, including Madras High Court Advocates Association, Tamil Nadu Advocates Association and Women Lawyers` Association.
Office bearers and members of these associations protested against the incident and later took out a procession on the High Court premises.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Politics over Yoga? BMC makes 'Surya Namaskar' mandatory in all affiliated schools in Mumbai
- Russia might use Iran air base again to carry out attacks on terror targets in Syria
- Sri Lanka vs Australia, 2nd ODI — As it happened...
- Special session of Goa Assembly to ratify GST on August 31
- Tokyo, Seoul, Beijing to discuss North Korean missile test