Lawyers boycott court proceedings in Chennai
Chennai: Lawyers in various courts and tribunals in the Madras High Court campus boycotted court proceedings today to mark the fourth anniversary of clashes between the legal fraternity and police on this day in 2009.
The boycott call was supported by all legal associations, including Madras High Court Advocates Association, Tamil Nadu Advocates Association and Women Lawyers` Association.
Office bearers and members of these associations protested against the incident and later took out a procession on the High Court premises.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media