Leaders pay homage to CPM leader Varadarajan
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Deputy Chief Minister M
K Stalin and state Communist leaders and workers on Tuesday paid
homage to CPI(M) leader W R Varadarajan, who was suspected to
have committed suicide.
The body of Varadarajan, recovered in a highly decomposed
state from a lake here, was kept at the party office for
Senior CPI(M) leaders including, state secretary G
Ramakrishnan, N Varadarajan and CPI leader R Nallakannu paid
their last respects to the departed soul.
64-year-old Varadarajan was reportedly upset over being
stripped of key party posts on charge of misconduct early this
month and his body was found a few days after he left home on
February 11, leaving two unsigned letters.
Varadarajan, a CPI-M Central Committee member, was
divested of all party posts for "conduct that was not in
conformity with Marxist principles".
On Sunday, Varadarajan`s wife Saraswathy identified his
highly decomposed body. Police said yesterday the identity
marks on the body tallied, confirming that it was Varadarajan.
The late CPI(M) leader had wished to donate his body for
medical research, but it would be cremated as it was highly
decomposed, party sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Dredging of Brahmaputra soon to stop floods, erosion: Sonowal
- You may be ignoring these signs of a stroke! - Watch video
- Delhi schoolboy run over by van that dropped him home
- Will pursue agenda of political resolution, says Mehbooba Mufti
- Section 144 imposed in Agartala after clashes over separate tribal state, 20 injured