Leaders pay homage to Varadarajan
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Deputy Chief Minister M K
Stalin and state Communist leaders and workers today paid
homage to CPI(M) leader W R Varadarajan, who was suspected to
have committed suicide.
The body of Varadarajan, which was recovered in a highly
decomposed state from a lake here, was kept at the party
office for paying homage.
Senior CPI(M) leaders including, state secretary G
Ramakrishnan, N Varadarajan and CPI leader R Nallakannu paid
their last respects to Varadarajan.
The body of 64-year-old Varadarajan, who was reportedly
upset over being stripped of key party posts on charge of
misconduct early this month, was found a few days after he
left home on February 11, leaving two unsigned letters.
Varadarajan, a CPI-M Central Committee member, was
divested of all party posts for "conduct that was not in
conformity with Marxist principles".
On Sunday, Varadarajan`s wife Saraswathy identified his
highly decomposed body. Police said yesterday that the
identity marks on the body tallied confirming that it was
Varadarajan had wished to donate his body for medical
research,but it would be cremated as it was highly decomposed,
party sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'