Leads hint at role of Karnataka sleeper cells in blasts
Chennai: The CB-CID police, which is probing the twin blasts on a train here that killed a woman, have obtained leads hinting at the possibility of role of terror sleeper sells in Karnataka in the incident.
The interrogation of two suspects in Bangalore by a CB-CID team with the support of central intelligence agencies and Karnataka police has led to leads about the supportive role played by some sleeper cells in the neighbouring state, an official privy to the probe said.
Declining to elaborate further, the official said the probe which was currently on in full swing in other cities like Patna will "fill the gap."
The CB-CID is currently working at multiple levels to crack the twin low-intensity blasts on the Bangalore-Guwahati Express train that claimed the life of a 24-year old woman and injured 14 on May 1.
Besides identifying a suspicious middle aged person who ran away from the train after it arrived here, police have found that two persons booked tickets using fake identities.
Teams of CB-CID have fanned out to various cities including Bangalore, Guwahati and Patna. Screening of voluminous CCTV footages and studying the call details of mobile phones in strategic locations are underway, police said.
Meanwhile, the Q Branch police, which is playing a supportive role in the case, today into its custody Mohammed Zahir Hussain, a suspected ISI agent arrested recently here, for questioning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read