Leads hint at role of Karnataka sleeper cells in blasts
Chennai: The CB-CID police, which is probing the twin blasts on a train here that killed a woman, have obtained leads hinting at the possibility of role of terror sleeper sells in Karnataka in the incident.
The interrogation of two suspects in Bangalore by a CB-CID team with the support of central intelligence agencies and Karnataka police has led to leads about the supportive role played by some sleeper cells in the neighbouring state, an official privy to the probe said.
Declining to elaborate further, the official said the probe which was currently on in full swing in other cities like Patna will "fill the gap."
The CB-CID is currently working at multiple levels to crack the twin low-intensity blasts on the Bangalore-Guwahati Express train that claimed the life of a 24-year old woman and injured 14 on May 1.
Besides identifying a suspicious middle aged person who ran away from the train after it arrived here, police have found that two persons booked tickets using fake identities.
Teams of CB-CID have fanned out to various cities including Bangalore, Guwahati and Patna. Screening of voluminous CCTV footages and studying the call details of mobile phones in strategic locations are underway, police said.
Meanwhile, the Q Branch police, which is playing a supportive role in the case, today into its custody Mohammed Zahir Hussain, a suspected ISI agent arrested recently here, for questioning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks