Left parties stage protest against petrol price hike
Chennai: Left parties on Thursday staged protests here against yesterday`s hike in petrol price.
CPI state secretary D Pandian led a protest at Saidapet here while the CPI (M)-affiliated youth organisation DYFI staged a protest outside Indian Oil Bhavan here.
Around 25 DYFI activists were detained as they did not have permission to stage protest, police said.
Meanwhile, CPI announced staging state-wide agitation on May 26 condemning the hike in petrol prices and demanding its immediate rollback, Pandian said.
Oil companies had increased the price of petrol by Rs 7.50 per litre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test