Left parties stage protest against petrol price hike
Chennai: Left parties on Thursday staged protests here against yesterday`s hike in petrol price.
CPI state secretary D Pandian led a protest at Saidapet here while the CPI (M)-affiliated youth organisation DYFI staged a protest outside Indian Oil Bhavan here.
Around 25 DYFI activists were detained as they did not have permission to stage protest, police said.
Meanwhile, CPI announced staging state-wide agitation on May 26 condemning the hike in petrol prices and demanding its immediate rollback, Pandian said.
Oil companies had increased the price of petrol by Rs 7.50 per litre.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation