Left parties to contest 12 seats in Tamil Nadu
Chennai: Firm on contesting on their own after being ditched by AIADMK, the two left parties-- CPI and CPM were expected to meet on March 15 to identify the 12 Lok Sabha seats they planned to contest in Tamil Nadu.
The CPI state executive will meet on March 15 to identify the constituencies and finalise candidates list, the state unit Secretary D Pandian told reporters here.
The party`s State Executive that met here reviewed the political situation arising out of the snapping of ties with AIADMK over seat sharing, its General Secretary Sudhakara Reddy who also attended the meeting ruled out CPI accepting DMK`s offer for electoral alliance saying "it is not a right step" under the present circumstances.
He said his party does not have the mechanism to contest all 40 seats (39 in Tamil Nadu and one in Puducherry) and said that discussions would be held with CPI(M) to identify the Lok Sabha seats.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan