Lesser power cuts in TN from June
Chennai: Power cuts in Tamil Nadu would come down in a phased manner from June this year, Electricity Minister Natham R Viswanathan said on Wednesday.
"The power cuts in the state would come down in a phased manner from June," Viswanathan told the Assembly.
Interrupting a member who alleged that there were power cuts in Micro, Small and Medium industries, unlike in big industries, Viswanathan said, "These big industries are using 213 MW , while we cannot give the same concession to MSM industries, since they use more power."
During another discussion, Industries Minister Thangamani said, "The concession is not given only for MNCs as mentioned, but any company that has invested over Rs 250 crore."
He said, "It is only because of these big companies, many micro, small and medium companies are surviving..These MSM companies are supplying over 30 - 35 per cent spare parts to big companies."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister