Lesser power cuts in TN from June
Chennai: Power cuts in Tamil Nadu would come down in a phased manner from June this year, Electricity Minister Natham R Viswanathan said on Wednesday.
"The power cuts in the state would come down in a phased manner from June," Viswanathan told the Assembly.
Interrupting a member who alleged that there were power cuts in Micro, Small and Medium industries, unlike in big industries, Viswanathan said, "These big industries are using 213 MW , while we cannot give the same concession to MSM industries, since they use more power."
During another discussion, Industries Minister Thangamani said, "The concession is not given only for MNCs as mentioned, but any company that has invested over Rs 250 crore."
He said, "It is only because of these big companies, many micro, small and medium companies are surviving..These MSM companies are supplying over 30 - 35 per cent spare parts to big companies."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest