Lesser power cuts in TN from June
Chennai: Power cuts in Tamil Nadu would come down in a phased manner from June this year, Electricity Minister Natham R Viswanathan said on Wednesday.
"The power cuts in the state would come down in a phased manner from June," Viswanathan told the Assembly.
Interrupting a member who alleged that there were power cuts in Micro, Small and Medium industries, unlike in big industries, Viswanathan said, "These big industries are using 213 MW , while we cannot give the same concession to MSM industries, since they use more power."
During another discussion, Industries Minister Thangamani said, "The concession is not given only for MNCs as mentioned, but any company that has invested over Rs 250 crore."
He said, "It is only because of these big companies, many micro, small and medium companies are surviving..These MSM companies are supplying over 30 - 35 per cent spare parts to big companies."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation