Lesser power cuts in TN from June
Chennai: Power cuts in Tamil Nadu would come down in a phased manner from June this year, Electricity Minister Natham R Viswanathan said on Wednesday.
"The power cuts in the state would come down in a phased manner from June," Viswanathan told the Assembly.
Interrupting a member who alleged that there were power cuts in Micro, Small and Medium industries, unlike in big industries, Viswanathan said, "These big industries are using 213 MW , while we cannot give the same concession to MSM industries, since they use more power."
During another discussion, Industries Minister Thangamani said, "The concession is not given only for MNCs as mentioned, but any company that has invested over Rs 250 crore."
He said, "It is only because of these big companies, many micro, small and medium companies are surviving..These MSM companies are supplying over 30 - 35 per cent spare parts to big companies."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming