License holder, MD held for explosion at firecracker unit in Tamil Nadu
Kumbakonam: The licence holder and managing director of a private fireworks unit at nearby Olukacheri where a cracker explosion killed nine persons have been arrested and remanded to judicial custody, police said.
Dhanalakshmi, the licence holder, and her son Krishnamoorthy, the managing director of the unit, were arrested under various sections of the Explosives Act and produced today before a court here. They have been remanded to 15-day judicial custody.
The woman was held this morning and her son yesterday evening, they said.
Nine persons were killed and three injured yesterday when crackers being made at the unit exploded. Two of the injured are stated to be serious.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended