License holder, MD held for explosion at firecracker unit in Tamil Nadu
Kumbakonam: The licence holder and managing director of a private fireworks unit at nearby Olukacheri where a cracker explosion killed nine persons have been arrested and remanded to judicial custody, police said.
Dhanalakshmi, the licence holder, and her son Krishnamoorthy, the managing director of the unit, were arrested under various sections of the Explosives Act and produced today before a court here. They have been remanded to 15-day judicial custody.
The woman was held this morning and her son yesterday evening, they said.
Nine persons were killed and three injured yesterday when crackers being made at the unit exploded. Two of the injured are stated to be serious.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?