Life imprisonment for auto driver
Madurai: A local court on Friday sentenced an auto
driver to life imprisonment for burning a woman to death
ten years ago.
According to Prosecution, Rajasekharan(35), had illicit
relationship with the woman whose husband was working
The woman, who was having two daughters, wanted to end the
affair but her lover refused.
Rajasekharan had poured kerosene over her and set her
ablaze when she refused to get into his autorickshaw on April
In her dying declaration, she held Rajasekharan responsible
for her death.
Judge Dharani also imposed Rs 4000 fine on the convict.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Dada responds to Ravi Shastri's 'Sourav Ganguly absent' remark - Here's what he said
- French woman facing extradition to Chile granted bail by Delhi court
- Hot, humid Sunday morning in Delhi
- Radical changes! Two-division Tests and One-Day League on ICC agenda
- Pampore encounter: Mufti, Nirmal Singh attend wreath laying ceremony