Life imprisonment for auto driver
Madurai: A local court on Friday sentenced an auto
driver to life imprisonment for burning a woman to death
ten years ago.
According to Prosecution, Rajasekharan(35), had illicit
relationship with the woman whose husband was working
The woman, who was having two daughters, wanted to end the
affair but her lover refused.
Rajasekharan had poured kerosene over her and set her
ablaze when she refused to get into his autorickshaw on April
In her dying declaration, she held Rajasekharan responsible
for her death.
Judge Dharani also imposed Rs 4000 fine on the convict.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference