Life imprisonment for auto driver
Madurai: A local court on Friday sentenced an auto
driver to life imprisonment for burning a woman to death
ten years ago.
According to Prosecution, Rajasekharan(35), had illicit
relationship with the woman whose husband was working
The woman, who was having two daughters, wanted to end the
affair but her lover refused.
Rajasekharan had poured kerosene over her and set her
ablaze when she refused to get into his autorickshaw on April
In her dying declaration, she held Rajasekharan responsible
for her death.
Judge Dharani also imposed Rs 4000 fine on the convict.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?