Life sentence for youth for murdering friend in TN
Udhgamandalam (TN): A youth was sentenced to life imprisonment by a district court for murdering his friend in a drunken brawl about two years ago.
The prosecution case was that Srinivasan had hit his friend Nagaraj with an empty beer bottle after entering into an argument in a bar attached to a government-run liquor outlet in this tourist town on April 18, 2011. Nagaraj succumbed to injuries in the attack.
Srinivasan, who was 18 year old then, and his 17-year old friend were arrested in this connection and the case was going on the district Court.
The judge G P Ilango sentenced Srinivasan to undergo life imprisonment for the murder and imposed a fine of Rs 5,000. He has to undergo six months rigorous imprisonment if he fails to pay the fine.
The 17-year-old was sent to juvenile home.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan