Lone surviving accused found guilty, sentence on November 01
Coimbatore: A court here on Monday found guilty the lone surviving accused in the sensational abduction, rape and murder case of two siblings, exactly two years ago.
Delivering the judgement, Mahila court Judge M P Subramaniam convicted Manoharan under sections of IPC 20 B (conspiracy), 364 A (abduction for ransom), 376 (2) (f) (g)(gang rape and rape of a girl less than 12 years old, 302 (murder) and 201 (concealment of evidence).
The sentence would be pronounced on November one.
According to prosecution, nine-year-old Muskan Jain and her seven-year-old brother Ritihik were abducted by their former driver Mohanakrishnan from their school and taken to Pollachi along with one Manoharan, on October 29, 2010.
Though their intention was to seek ransom, both reportedly raped the girl and killed the two.
Fearing backlash, the bodies were thrown in a canal.
The bodies were fished out later.
While Mohankrishnan was arrested the same night, Manoharan was taken into custody two days later.
Mohanakrishnan was shot dead in an alleged police encounter while he was being taken to the scene of crime on November eight.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you