Lone surviving accused found guilty, sentence on November 01
Coimbatore: A court here on Monday found guilty the lone surviving accused in the sensational abduction, rape and murder case of two siblings, exactly two years ago.
Delivering the judgement, Mahila court Judge M P Subramaniam convicted Manoharan under sections of IPC 20 B (conspiracy), 364 A (abduction for ransom), 376 (2) (f) (g)(gang rape and rape of a girl less than 12 years old, 302 (murder) and 201 (concealment of evidence).
The sentence would be pronounced on November one.
According to prosecution, nine-year-old Muskan Jain and her seven-year-old brother Ritihik were abducted by their former driver Mohanakrishnan from their school and taken to Pollachi along with one Manoharan, on October 29, 2010.
Though their intention was to seek ransom, both reportedly raped the girl and killed the two.
Fearing backlash, the bodies were thrown in a canal.
The bodies were fished out later.
While Mohankrishnan was arrested the same night, Manoharan was taken into custody two days later.
Mohanakrishnan was shot dead in an alleged police encounter while he was being taken to the scene of crime on November eight.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India