Low pressure area likely to bring more rains in TN
Chennai: The presence of a trough of low pressure area in the Bay of Bengal is likely to bring in more rains in coastal districts of Tamil Nadu in the next 24 hours beginning 8.30 am on Tuesday.
"Trough of low pressure is extending upto South West Bay and there may be rain or thundershowers in city and coastal districts of Tamil Nadu and Puducherry in the next 24 hours", a Met department official said.
Tiruvannamalai district registered heavy rainfall of 11cm.
According to Met office, as of 0830 am many places in Chennai including Guindy, Meenambakkam and Egmore, received heavy rain of five cm each.
For Chennai city, the official said the sky generally was expected to be cloudy. However, rain or thundershowers may occur in some areas, at times it may be heavy, he said.
Since Monday, the city has been witnessing heavy to very heavy rain inundating several low lying areas. Authorities have declared a holiday today for schools in Chennai and neighbouring districts.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know