Low pressure area likely to bring more rains in TN
Chennai: The presence of a trough of low pressure area in the Bay of Bengal is likely to bring in more rains in coastal districts of Tamil Nadu in the next 24 hours beginning 8.30 am on Tuesday.
"Trough of low pressure is extending upto South West Bay and there may be rain or thundershowers in city and coastal districts of Tamil Nadu and Puducherry in the next 24 hours", a Met department official said.
Tiruvannamalai district registered heavy rainfall of 11cm.
According to Met office, as of 0830 am many places in Chennai including Guindy, Meenambakkam and Egmore, received heavy rain of five cm each.
For Chennai city, the official said the sky generally was expected to be cloudy. However, rain or thundershowers may occur in some areas, at times it may be heavy, he said.
Since Monday, the city has been witnessing heavy to very heavy rain inundating several low lying areas. Authorities have declared a holiday today for schools in Chennai and neighbouring districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials