Low pressure area likely to bring more rains in TN
Chennai: The presence of a trough of low pressure area in the Bay of Bengal is likely to bring in more rains in coastal districts of Tamil Nadu in the next 24 hours beginning 8.30 am on Tuesday.
"Trough of low pressure is extending upto South West Bay and there may be rain or thundershowers in city and coastal districts of Tamil Nadu and Puducherry in the next 24 hours", a Met department official said.
Tiruvannamalai district registered heavy rainfall of 11cm.
According to Met office, as of 0830 am many places in Chennai including Guindy, Meenambakkam and Egmore, received heavy rain of five cm each.
For Chennai city, the official said the sky generally was expected to be cloudy. However, rain or thundershowers may occur in some areas, at times it may be heavy, he said.
Since Monday, the city has been witnessing heavy to very heavy rain inundating several low lying areas. Authorities have declared a holiday today for schools in Chennai and neighbouring districts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray