LPG leak blast leaves 4 critically injured in TN
Ramanathapuram (TN): Four members of a family were seriously injured in a blaze caused by a leak in LPG cylinder at their house here on Saturday, police said.
The cylinder was changed last night but none noticed the leak in the regulator as it had not been properly fixed.
Unaware of the leak, one of the family members this morning switched on the kitchen light when the leaked gas burst into flame causing burn injuries to four persons.
Ashraff, his father, mother and sister suffered more than 80 per cent burn and had been admitted to hospials where their condition was stated to be very serious.
The explosion was so powerful that the door of the house flew off under its impact and crashed against the tiles roof of the opposite house situated 30 feet away.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf