LPG leak blast leaves 4 critically injured in TN
Ramanathapuram (TN): Four members of a family were seriously injured in a blaze caused by a leak in LPG cylinder at their house here on Saturday, police said.
The cylinder was changed last night but none noticed the leak in the regulator as it had not been properly fixed.
Unaware of the leak, one of the family members this morning switched on the kitchen light when the leaked gas burst into flame causing burn injuries to four persons.
Ashraff, his father, mother and sister suffered more than 80 per cent burn and had been admitted to hospials where their condition was stated to be very serious.
The explosion was so powerful that the door of the house flew off under its impact and crashed against the tiles roof of the opposite house situated 30 feet away.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi