Madras HC declines to stay bail granted to S Ramadoss
Chennai: The Madras High Court on Monday declined to stay or cancel the bail granted to PMK founder-leader S Ramadoss by a local court in Villupuram, which was challenged by police.
Villupuram police had moved the High Court to cancel or stay the bail granted to Ramadoss by a local court, contending that their side was not taken into consideration for the bail.
When the matter came up before the vacation court, Justice M Sathyanarayanan declined to cancel or stay the bail.
Villupuram Judicial Magistrate Court-I had granted bail to Ramadoss but he was arrested in another case with the Judicial Magistrate Court-II at Tiruchirapalli remanding him till May 17.
Ramadoss was arrested on April 30 in Villupuram, when he tried to hold a protest without police permission, demanding an inquiry into the April 25 violence at Marakkanam in the district which was allegedly targeted against Dalits.
He was remanded and lodged in the Central prison at Tiruchirapalli.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Bhagwant Mann posts video of security pickets on way to Parliament; MPs attack AAP lawmaker
- Mario Goetze returns home: Germany's World Cup hero leaves Bayern Munich for Borussia Dortmund
- 43 civilians dead in bombardment of Syria rebel-held areas: Report
- Rain, traffic jam and kisses - This couple hogged the limelight on Delhi road: Watch
- England vs Pakistan, 2nd Test: Axe for Steven Finn, Jake Ball as hosts seek to level series