Madras HC declines to stay bail granted to S Ramadoss
Chennai: The Madras High Court on Monday declined to stay or cancel the bail granted to PMK founder-leader S Ramadoss by a local court in Villupuram, which was challenged by police.
Villupuram police had moved the High Court to cancel or stay the bail granted to Ramadoss by a local court, contending that their side was not taken into consideration for the bail.
When the matter came up before the vacation court, Justice M Sathyanarayanan declined to cancel or stay the bail.
Villupuram Judicial Magistrate Court-I had granted bail to Ramadoss but he was arrested in another case with the Judicial Magistrate Court-II at Tiruchirapalli remanding him till May 17.
Ramadoss was arrested on April 30 in Villupuram, when he tried to hold a protest without police permission, demanding an inquiry into the April 25 violence at Marakkanam in the district which was allegedly targeted against Dalits.
He was remanded and lodged in the Central prison at Tiruchirapalli.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Fire at police station near Chennai's Marina Beach; police disperse protesters