Madras HC declines to stay bail granted to S Ramadoss
Chennai: The Madras High Court on Monday declined to stay or cancel the bail granted to PMK founder-leader S Ramadoss by a local court in Villupuram, which was challenged by police.
Villupuram police had moved the High Court to cancel or stay the bail granted to Ramadoss by a local court, contending that their side was not taken into consideration for the bail.
When the matter came up before the vacation court, Justice M Sathyanarayanan declined to cancel or stay the bail.
Villupuram Judicial Magistrate Court-I had granted bail to Ramadoss but he was arrested in another case with the Judicial Magistrate Court-II at Tiruchirapalli remanding him till May 17.
Ramadoss was arrested on April 30 in Villupuram, when he tried to hold a protest without police permission, demanding an inquiry into the April 25 violence at Marakkanam in the district which was allegedly targeted against Dalits.
He was remanded and lodged in the Central prison at Tiruchirapalli.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah