`Madras HC disposed off highest cases in 2011`
Kanchipuram: The Madras High Court has the
distinction of having disposed off the highest number of
50,000 cases in the country last year, according to Chief
Justice Paul Vasanthakumar.
"Madras High Court has the distinction of having disposed
off the highest number of cases in the country last year. In
2010 this distinction was held by Kerala. The Court disposed
off 50,000 cases last year," he said.
Speaking after inaugurating a Lok Adalat at the Kanchipuram
court complex here yesterday, he urged magistrates to accord
priority to dispose long pending cases, some of which have
been filed 30 years back and give judgement within six months
He also requested lawyers not to indulge in frequent
boycotts of courts to address their grievances.
Justice Hari Paranthaman of Madras High Court said Lok
Adalats must also take up criminal cases and that lawyers
should extend help in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3