`Madras HC disposed off highest cases in 2011`
Kanchipuram: The Madras High Court has the
distinction of having disposed off the highest number of
50,000 cases in the country last year, according to Chief
Justice Paul Vasanthakumar.
"Madras High Court has the distinction of having disposed
off the highest number of cases in the country last year. In
2010 this distinction was held by Kerala. The Court disposed
off 50,000 cases last year," he said.
Speaking after inaugurating a Lok Adalat at the Kanchipuram
court complex here yesterday, he urged magistrates to accord
priority to dispose long pending cases, some of which have
been filed 30 years back and give judgement within six months
He also requested lawyers not to indulge in frequent
boycotts of courts to address their grievances.
Justice Hari Paranthaman of Madras High Court said Lok
Adalats must also take up criminal cases and that lawyers
should extend help in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah