Madras HC grants pre-arrest bail to Vijaykant
Chennai: Madras High Court on Thursday granted anticipatory bail to DMDK founder and Leader of Opposition in Tamil Nadu Assembly Vijaykant who apprehended arrested in connection with a case of alleged manhandling of a journalist at the airport.
Allowing his petition, Justice B Rajendran directed Vijaykant to furnish a personal bond of Rs one lakh and two sureties for like sum. He should appear before police whenever required for investigation.
The case was registered on a complaint by the journalist that Vijaykant and some other persons abused him and pushed him down on October 27 when he posed some questions on four dissident DMDK MLAs meeting Chief Minister Jayalalithaa.
The Airport Police have registered a case under IPC sections 341 (wrongful restraint), 323 (voluntarily causing hurt), 294B (obscene acts and songs) and 506 (ii) (criminal intimidation) against the accused.
DMDK MLA Murugesan, a co-accused in the case, was arrested yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing