Madras HC grants pre-arrest bail to Vijaykant
Chennai: Madras High Court on Thursday granted anticipatory bail to DMDK founder and Leader of Opposition in Tamil Nadu Assembly Vijaykant who apprehended arrested in connection with a case of alleged manhandling of a journalist at the airport.
Allowing his petition, Justice B Rajendran directed Vijaykant to furnish a personal bond of Rs one lakh and two sureties for like sum. He should appear before police whenever required for investigation.
The case was registered on a complaint by the journalist that Vijaykant and some other persons abused him and pushed him down on October 27 when he posed some questions on four dissident DMDK MLAs meeting Chief Minister Jayalalithaa.
The Airport Police have registered a case under IPC sections 341 (wrongful restraint), 323 (voluntarily causing hurt), 294B (obscene acts and songs) and 506 (ii) (criminal intimidation) against the accused.
DMDK MLA Murugesan, a co-accused in the case, was arrested yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Mumbai local crashes into platform at Churchgate Station
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- #SelfieWithDaughter trends worldwide on Twitter after PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat'
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him