Madras HC grants pre-arrest bail to Vijaykant
Chennai: Madras High Court on Thursday granted anticipatory bail to DMDK founder and Leader of Opposition in Tamil Nadu Assembly Vijaykant who apprehended arrested in connection with a case of alleged manhandling of a journalist at the airport.
Allowing his petition, Justice B Rajendran directed Vijaykant to furnish a personal bond of Rs one lakh and two sureties for like sum. He should appear before police whenever required for investigation.
The case was registered on a complaint by the journalist that Vijaykant and some other persons abused him and pushed him down on October 27 when he posed some questions on four dissident DMDK MLAs meeting Chief Minister Jayalalithaa.
The Airport Police have registered a case under IPC sections 341 (wrongful restraint), 323 (voluntarily causing hurt), 294B (obscene acts and songs) and 506 (ii) (criminal intimidation) against the accused.
DMDK MLA Murugesan, a co-accused in the case, was arrested yesterday.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference