Madras HC Judge claims receiving threatening phone call
Chennai: A judge of the Madras High Court has said he received a threatening phone call from an unidentified person following which police have launched an inquiry.
Justice C S Karnan disclosed about the threat in an open court during proceedings yesterday.
He summoned the Registrar General and Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police K N Murali of the high court police station to the court hall and said he received the threat call on Monday night around 11.30 PM on his landline in his Greenways Road residence here.
After he gave an oral complaint, Registrar General Pon Kalaiyarasan orally directed the police authorities to initiate action to identify the person.
Police later received the call log from the judge`s personal assistant for further inquiry.
Justice Karnan had in January this year created a stir when he commented against the high court collegium over the selection of judges.
He had entered a court hall, where a Division Bench was hearing a PIL questioning the process adopted for selection of 12 judges for the High Court, and said that the process was not fair.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug