Madras HC Judge claims receiving threatening phone call
Chennai: A judge of the Madras High Court has said he received a threatening phone call from an unidentified person following which police have launched an inquiry.
Justice C S Karnan disclosed about the threat in an open court during proceedings yesterday.
He summoned the Registrar General and Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police K N Murali of the high court police station to the court hall and said he received the threat call on Monday night around 11.30 PM on his landline in his Greenways Road residence here.
After he gave an oral complaint, Registrar General Pon Kalaiyarasan orally directed the police authorities to initiate action to identify the person.
Police later received the call log from the judge`s personal assistant for further inquiry.
Justice Karnan had in January this year created a stir when he commented against the high court collegium over the selection of judges.
He had entered a court hall, where a Division Bench was hearing a PIL questioning the process adopted for selection of 12 judges for the High Court, and said that the process was not fair.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Suresh Raina denies Lalit Modi's match-fixing allegation, mulls legal action against former IPL boss