Madras HC orders notice to govt on plea to shift cop
Chennai: Madras High Court Tuesday ordered notice to Tamil Nadu Government and others on a petition by a woman who sought the suspension of a police inspector to ensure fair investigation of her husband`s murder, being probed by the CBI.
Justice S Nagamuthu ordered issue of notice admitting a petition by V Rathika of Thirumanan village in Tiruvallur District sought the court`s direction to authorities to suspend inspector Duraipandian of Vellavedu Police Station, contending his presence would deter witnesses from deposing.
Former village panchayat President of Thirumanam village Veeran, who was also the Block Joint Secretary of Puratchi Bharatham Katchi, was allegedly murdered on April 20 last she said, alleging that certain police personnel including the inspector of Vellavedu Police Station were behind it.
The High Court had earlier transferred the case to the CBI for investigation.
She contended that if the said inspector continued in the post, no witness would come forward to give statements against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far