Madras HC orders notice to govt on plea to shift cop
Chennai: Madras High Court Tuesday ordered notice to Tamil Nadu Government and others on a petition by a woman who sought the suspension of a police inspector to ensure fair investigation of her husband`s murder, being probed by the CBI.
Justice S Nagamuthu ordered issue of notice admitting a petition by V Rathika of Thirumanan village in Tiruvallur District sought the court`s direction to authorities to suspend inspector Duraipandian of Vellavedu Police Station, contending his presence would deter witnesses from deposing.
Former village panchayat President of Thirumanam village Veeran, who was also the Block Joint Secretary of Puratchi Bharatham Katchi, was allegedly murdered on April 20 last she said, alleging that certain police personnel including the inspector of Vellavedu Police Station were behind it.
The High Court had earlier transferred the case to the CBI for investigation.
She contended that if the said inspector continued in the post, no witness would come forward to give statements against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan