Madras HC orders notice to govt on plea to shift cop
Chennai: Madras High Court Tuesday ordered notice to Tamil Nadu Government and others on a petition by a woman who sought the suspension of a police inspector to ensure fair investigation of her husband`s murder, being probed by the CBI.
Justice S Nagamuthu ordered issue of notice admitting a petition by V Rathika of Thirumanan village in Tiruvallur District sought the court`s direction to authorities to suspend inspector Duraipandian of Vellavedu Police Station, contending his presence would deter witnesses from deposing.
Former village panchayat President of Thirumanam village Veeran, who was also the Block Joint Secretary of Puratchi Bharatham Katchi, was allegedly murdered on April 20 last she said, alleging that certain police personnel including the inspector of Vellavedu Police Station were behind it.
The High Court had earlier transferred the case to the CBI for investigation.
She contended that if the said inspector continued in the post, no witness would come forward to give statements against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- Pandal Politics: Shiv Sena slams Bombay High Court's order- Part 2
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra