Madras HC orders notice to govt on plea to shift cop
Chennai: Madras High Court Tuesday ordered notice to Tamil Nadu Government and others on a petition by a woman who sought the suspension of a police inspector to ensure fair investigation of her husband`s murder, being probed by the CBI.
Justice S Nagamuthu ordered issue of notice admitting a petition by V Rathika of Thirumanan village in Tiruvallur District sought the court`s direction to authorities to suspend inspector Duraipandian of Vellavedu Police Station, contending his presence would deter witnesses from deposing.
Former village panchayat President of Thirumanam village Veeran, who was also the Block Joint Secretary of Puratchi Bharatham Katchi, was allegedly murdered on April 20 last she said, alleging that certain police personnel including the inspector of Vellavedu Police Station were behind it.
The High Court had earlier transferred the case to the CBI for investigation.
She contended that if the said inspector continued in the post, no witness would come forward to give statements against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- CHSE Odisha +2 Results 2015 (chseodisha.nic.in): Odisha Board Class 12th Result 2015 declared on orissaresults.nic.in