Madurai: The Madras High Court bench here on Wednesday suo-motu ordered transfer of a man missing case to CB-CID while admitting a habeas corpus petition filed by the mother of the missing person Johnny alias Ananthakumar.
A division bench comprising Justice S Manikumar and Justice VS Ravi ordered the transfer of the case, which was registered by Annavasal Police of Pudukottai district on October 5, 2009, on the ground that there was no progress in the investigation after the case was registered.
The petitioner R Premavathy submitted that her son was missing since June 4, 2009. However, police registered the case only after the DIG intervened and directed them to register the case one and a half years after the complaint was received.
She said that her son's wife Jagadeeswari, who had sent a divorce notice, was "now under the care of a notorious rowdy Rajah Mohammed". She came to know that after the divorce notice that Rajah Mohammed even made an attempt to kill her son.
She contended that her son was brutally attacked by some unidentified persons and thrown away on the roadside. She made a police complaint about the incident also. Later she was also threatened not to proceed with case to find out her son. They attempted to kill her also, Premavathy alleged.
She said Rajamohammed was now trying to grab the house owned by her son by creating bogus documents. The acts of Raja Mohammed created serious doubts as to whether her son had been murdered or kept under Illegal custody now. Though all the acts of Raja Mohammed had been conveyed to police, no action had been taken so far, she said.
She said she was getting threatening calls from two mobile phones and the numbers had also been given to police. But no action had been taken, she said, seeking to produce her son in person in the court.