Madras HC quashes magistrate order in AIADMK worker murder case
Chennai: The Madras High Court on Thursday quashed
a Magistrate order taking cognisance of the final report by
police in a case related to an election time murder of an
AIADMK worker in which names of PMK founder S Ramadoss and his
son and former union minister R Anbumani were omitted despite
being named as main accused in the complaint.
Allowing a revision petition by former AIADMK minister C
V Shanmugam, also the defacto complainant, Justice S Nagamuthu
also set aside an order by the Tindivanam Judicial Magistrate
committing the case to a session’s court and remitted the
matter back to the magistrate.
The Judge also quashed an August 28 last order of the
magistrate declining to order further investigation into the
May 8, 2006 murder as sought for by the complainant.
He directed the magistrate to pass appropriate orders on
the final report after issuing notice to the complainant and
Ramadoss and Anbumani and allowing them opportunity to file
appropriate applications and objections.
Shanmugam had contended that the lower court had failed
to appreciate the fact that the police had not informed him
about the deletion of names of certain prime accused in the
case as required under relevant rules and act.
He charged the investigating officers with misusing and
abusing their official position and thereby failing in their
duty in order to help the `real accused persons`.
Shanmugam had alleged that a 15-member gang led by a
relative of Ramadoss and a PMK workers attacked with sharp
edged weapons in front of his house. An AIADMK worker who
tried to shield him was killed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof