Madras HC quashes magistrate order in AIADMK worker murder case
Chennai: The Madras High Court on Thursday quashed
a Magistrate order taking cognisance of the final report by
police in a case related to an election time murder of an
AIADMK worker in which names of PMK founder S Ramadoss and his
son and former union minister R Anbumani were omitted despite
being named as main accused in the complaint.
Allowing a revision petition by former AIADMK minister C
V Shanmugam, also the defacto complainant, Justice S Nagamuthu
also set aside an order by the Tindivanam Judicial Magistrate
committing the case to a session’s court and remitted the
matter back to the magistrate.
The Judge also quashed an August 28 last order of the
magistrate declining to order further investigation into the
May 8, 2006 murder as sought for by the complainant.
He directed the magistrate to pass appropriate orders on
the final report after issuing notice to the complainant and
Ramadoss and Anbumani and allowing them opportunity to file
appropriate applications and objections.
Shanmugam had contended that the lower court had failed
to appreciate the fact that the police had not informed him
about the deletion of names of certain prime accused in the
case as required under relevant rules and act.
He charged the investigating officers with misusing and
abusing their official position and thereby failing in their
duty in order to help the `real accused persons`.
Shanmugam had alleged that a 15-member gang led by a
relative of Ramadoss and a PMK workers attacked with sharp
edged weapons in front of his house. An AIADMK worker who
tried to shield him was killed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP