Madurai-based business man`s son abducted, released
Madurai: A Madurai-based businessman`s son, who was recently kidnapped by an unidentified gang here, was on Sunday released after he reportedly assured them to give Rs ten lakh as ransom, police said.
He was let off on the Madurai-Sivaganga district border and asked to go, police said.
Rahul Singh, son of Dalapath Singh, told police he was kidnapped by the three-member gang when he had gone to a private hospital to meet a woman of Coimbatore, with whom he reportedly developed intimacy over mobile phone.
The woman had asked him to come to the hospital to meet her, police said.
The gang members kidnapped and blindfolded him, tied his hands and legs and sought Rs 10 lakh as ransom to release him but his father refused, police said.
Police registered a case following a complaint from the father about the June 28 abduction.
Meanwhile, Rahul reportedly persuaded the group to release him, assuring them that he would give the money, sources added.
The businessman hails from Rajasthan but settled in Madurai.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- India, Bangladesh enclave residents get freedom after 68 years