Madurai lorries not to ply from May 31 in K’taka
Madurai: The Association of Madurai Lorry Owners has said its members will not operate in Karnataka from the midnight of May 31 to protest the Karnataka Government`s notification making it compulsory for vehicles from other state to have speed governors from June 1.
In a statement here, Association president C Sathiah said on Monday that neither would it members ply to Karnataka nor would they pass through the state. As a result, deliveries to destinations in Gujarat, Maharastra, Delhi and Haryana have been halted, it said.
This strike was being undertaken with the support of trade and industry bodies, the statement claimed. Central government has been asked to scrap the recent steep hike in petrol prices.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown