Madurai lorries not to ply from May 31 in K’taka
Madurai: The Association of Madurai Lorry Owners has said its members will not operate in Karnataka from the midnight of May 31 to protest the Karnataka Government`s notification making it compulsory for vehicles from other state to have speed governors from June 1.
In a statement here, Association president C Sathiah said on Monday that neither would it members ply to Karnataka nor would they pass through the state. As a result, deliveries to destinations in Gujarat, Maharastra, Delhi and Haryana have been halted, it said.
This strike was being undertaken with the support of trade and industry bodies, the statement claimed. Central government has been asked to scrap the recent steep hike in petrol prices.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav