Magistrate held for false marriage promise gets bail
Coimbatore: A magistrate, arrested for allegedly cheating a woman police sub-inspector after promising to marry her, was on Monday granted bail by a court in neighbouring Tirupur.
Tirupur District Court Judge Ganesan allowed the bail application of Coonoor Magistrate Thangaraj, arrested on June 29, a day after he married another woman.
He was arrested on a complaint by the Sub-Inspector attached to Palladam Police Station in Tirupur District and remanded in judicial custody for 15 days.
According to the SI`s complaint, 30-year old Thangaraj, while practising as a lawyer, developed friendship with her and promised to marry her.
However, after being appointed as magistrate, he ditched her and married another woman, thus cheating here, she had alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- `IS child bomber` behind Turkey wedding blast, claims President
- Welshman Gareth Bale fires Real Madrid past Real Sociadad 3-0 in the opening encounter
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon