Magistrate held for false marriage promise gets bail
Coimbatore: A magistrate, arrested for allegedly cheating a woman police sub-inspector after promising to marry her, was on Monday granted bail by a court in neighbouring Tirupur.
Tirupur District Court Judge Ganesan allowed the bail application of Coonoor Magistrate Thangaraj, arrested on June 29, a day after he married another woman.
He was arrested on a complaint by the Sub-Inspector attached to Palladam Police Station in Tirupur District and remanded in judicial custody for 15 days.
According to the SI`s complaint, 30-year old Thangaraj, while practising as a lawyer, developed friendship with her and promised to marry her.
However, after being appointed as magistrate, he ditched her and married another woman, thus cheating here, she had alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman