Magistrate held for false marriage promise gets bail
Coimbatore: A magistrate, arrested for allegedly cheating a woman police sub-inspector after promising to marry her, was on Monday granted bail by a court in neighbouring Tirupur.
Tirupur District Court Judge Ganesan allowed the bail application of Coonoor Magistrate Thangaraj, arrested on June 29, a day after he married another woman.
He was arrested on a complaint by the Sub-Inspector attached to Palladam Police Station in Tirupur District and remanded in judicial custody for 15 days.
According to the SI`s complaint, 30-year old Thangaraj, while practising as a lawyer, developed friendship with her and promised to marry her.
However, after being appointed as magistrate, he ditched her and married another woman, thus cheating here, she had alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof