Man arrested at airport for smuggling Ephedrine
Chennai: A 52-year-old man was arrested on Tuesday
from the international airport terminal here for allegedly
trying to smuggle 2.08 kg of Ephedrine drug worth Rs 16 lakh
to Malaysia, customs officials said
The officials, acting on a tip-off, arrested S Davood
Batcha this morning with Ephedrine, a controlled substance
under the Narcotics Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act,
1985, they said.
Batcha had concealed the drug in packets made of chart
paper and packed it tightly in a scotch carton to avoid
Ephedrine is commonly used as a stimulant, appetite
suppressant, concentration aid, decongestant and to treat
hypotension associated with anesthesia.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis
- Vladimir Putin rages as Turkey shoots down Russian plane