Man arrested for issuing bomb threat
Chennai: A 38 year-old man has been
arrested for issuing a bomb threat to the Secretariat here,
police said on Saturday.
C Balamurugan of Dindigul was arrested by the Cyber Cell
wing of Chennai police.
The man had sent an SMS to A Chandrasekaran, Superintendent
of Police Coastal Security Group saying a bomb would go off at
the Secretariat on February 24 and challenged police to
"On investigation it was ascertained that the man was using
a bogus SIM card with a false address in Madurai district," a
police release here said.
He had sent the SMS in `a state of frustration due to his
debt,` it said, adding he was arrested and remanded to custody
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray