Man arrested for issuing bomb threat
Chennai: A 38 year-old man has been
arrested for issuing a bomb threat to the Secretariat here,
police said on Saturday.
C Balamurugan of Dindigul was arrested by the Cyber Cell
wing of Chennai police.
The man had sent an SMS to A Chandrasekaran, Superintendent
of Police Coastal Security Group saying a bomb would go off at
the Secretariat on February 24 and challenged police to
"On investigation it was ascertained that the man was using
a bogus SIM card with a false address in Madurai district," a
police release here said.
He had sent the SMS in `a state of frustration due to his
debt,` it said, adding he was arrested and remanded to custody
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- Zee Media Exclusive: Wife says Yakub Memon unwell, appeals to govt for clemency