Man arrested for slashing throats of wife, mother-in-law in TN
Namakkal (TN): A 30-year old woman and her mother were injured seriously when the former`s husband attacked them with a blade at Pudupatty village in the district, police said on Monday.
The woman, a mother of two, had come to her mother`s place unable to bear the alleged beating by her husband Sadhasivam.
Last night, the man had come to take her back when she refused. Angered over this, he took out a blade and cut her throat, Rasipuram DSP Rajan said.
When his mother-in-law came to the rescue of her daughter, Sadhasivam attacked her also.
Both the women suffered bleeding injuries and had been admitted to Rasipuram Government hospital in serious condition.
The man had been arrested, Rajan added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Brexit: Remain or Leave? Results could go down to the wire
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump will not ask donors to repay nearly $50 million in campaign loans
- 78 dead, 500 hurt by storms in eastern China
- Brexit poll: In or out? British bookmakers see more bets placed on Britain staying in European Union
- Day after 30 cows found dead, police chalks out plan to prevent smuggling