Man arrested for slashing throats of wife, mother-in-law in TN
Namakkal (TN): A 30-year old woman and her mother were injured seriously when the former`s husband attacked them with a blade at Pudupatty village in the district, police said on Monday.
The woman, a mother of two, had come to her mother`s place unable to bear the alleged beating by her husband Sadhasivam.
Last night, the man had come to take her back when she refused. Angered over this, he took out a blade and cut her throat, Rasipuram DSP Rajan said.
When his mother-in-law came to the rescue of her daughter, Sadhasivam attacked her also.
Both the women suffered bleeding injuries and had been admitted to Rasipuram Government hospital in serious condition.
The man had been arrested, Rajan added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed