Man arrested for slashing throats of wife, mother-in-law in TN
Namakkal (TN): A 30-year old woman and her mother were injured seriously when the former`s husband attacked them with a blade at Pudupatty village in the district, police said on Monday.
The woman, a mother of two, had come to her mother`s place unable to bear the alleged beating by her husband Sadhasivam.
Last night, the man had come to take her back when she refused. Angered over this, he took out a blade and cut her throat, Rasipuram DSP Rajan said.
When his mother-in-law came to the rescue of her daughter, Sadhasivam attacked her also.
Both the women suffered bleeding injuries and had been admitted to Rasipuram Government hospital in serious condition.
The man had been arrested, Rajan added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days