Man bludgeoned to death as mute commuters watch
Coimbatore: In a shocking incident, a man was beaten to death on a busy road in Tamil Nadu`s Coimbatore.
The incident, which was caught live by a CCTV camera installed at a traffic signal by the city police, occurred on Sunday.
The man had picked up a quarrel with a four-member gang at a local pub. Later, when the man left the pub the inebriated gang members followed him. They first hit him with a two-wheeler and then beat him to death using stones.
What’s shocking is that none of the commuters on the busy road came to the rescue of the man; they just stood as a mute spectator.
The police have arrested all four members of the gang responsible for the gruesome killing.
Also, the incident occurred very close to a police station.
The victim was identified as 29-year-old Santosh, a painter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Saints reject Kairana exodus theory, term it a 'conspiracy'
- J&K Council rejects 20 percent reservation for women in govt jobs
- Here's how Bipasha Basu, Karan Singh Grover are chilling with friends in Madrid – Pic inside
- Any exception in granting membership to NSG will disturb regional stability: Pakistan
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat will be in UK in July – know who all he will meet, what all he will do