Man bludgeoned to death as mute commuters watch
Coimbatore: In a shocking incident, a man was beaten to death on a busy road in Tamil Nadu`s Coimbatore.
The incident, which was caught live by a CCTV camera installed at a traffic signal by the city police, occurred on Sunday.
The man had picked up a quarrel with a four-member gang at a local pub. Later, when the man left the pub the inebriated gang members followed him. They first hit him with a two-wheeler and then beat him to death using stones.
What’s shocking is that none of the commuters on the busy road came to the rescue of the man; they just stood as a mute spectator.
The police have arrested all four members of the gang responsible for the gruesome killing.
Also, the incident occurred very close to a police station.
The victim was identified as 29-year-old Santosh, a painter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?