Man bludgeoned to death as mute commuters watch
Coimbatore: In a shocking incident, a man was beaten to death on a busy road in Tamil Nadu`s Coimbatore.
The incident, which was caught live by a CCTV camera installed at a traffic signal by the city police, occurred on Sunday.
The man had picked up a quarrel with a four-member gang at a local pub. Later, when the man left the pub the inebriated gang members followed him. They first hit him with a two-wheeler and then beat him to death using stones.
What’s shocking is that none of the commuters on the busy road came to the rescue of the man; they just stood as a mute spectator.
The police have arrested all four members of the gang responsible for the gruesome killing.
Also, the incident occurred very close to a police station.
The victim was identified as 29-year-old Santosh, a painter.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani