Man bludgeoned to death as mute commuters watch
Coimbatore: In a shocking incident, a man was beaten to death on a busy road in Tamil Nadu`s Coimbatore.
The incident, which was caught live by a CCTV camera installed at a traffic signal by the city police, occurred on Sunday.
The man had picked up a quarrel with a four-member gang at a local pub. Later, when the man left the pub the inebriated gang members followed him. They first hit him with a two-wheeler and then beat him to death using stones.
What’s shocking is that none of the commuters on the busy road came to the rescue of the man; they just stood as a mute spectator.
The police have arrested all four members of the gang responsible for the gruesome killing.
Also, the incident occurred very close to a police station.
The victim was identified as 29-year-old Santosh, a painter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt