Man bludgeoned to death as mute commuters watch
Coimbatore: In a shocking incident, a man was beaten to death on a busy road in Tamil Nadu`s Coimbatore.
The incident, which was caught live by a CCTV camera installed at a traffic signal by the city police, occurred on Sunday.
The man had picked up a quarrel with a four-member gang at a local pub. Later, when the man left the pub the inebriated gang members followed him. They first hit him with a two-wheeler and then beat him to death using stones.
What’s shocking is that none of the commuters on the busy road came to the rescue of the man; they just stood as a mute spectator.
The police have arrested all four members of the gang responsible for the gruesome killing.
Also, the incident occurred very close to a police station.
The victim was identified as 29-year-old Santosh, a painter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees