Man dies in police custody; SI suspended
Cuddalore: A 50-year old man, arrested for allegedly selling banned lottery tickets, died in police custody in the district today.
A sub-inspector of police was suspended by District Superintendent of Police A Rathika in connection with the death of T Kannan alias Murugan of Aaabathanapuram village in the Panruti police station, police said.
SI V Agasa Moorthy of Vadalur police station had yesterday arrested Kannan for allegedly selling lottery tickets and taken him to Panruti station where he was interrogated.
The accused was lodged in the lockup in the station and was found dead this morning. His relatives alleged that Kannan died due to beating by police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack