Man dies in police custody; SI suspended
Cuddalore: A 50-year old man, arrested for allegedly selling banned lottery tickets, died in police custody in the district today.
A sub-inspector of police was suspended by District Superintendent of Police A Rathika in connection with the death of T Kannan alias Murugan of Aaabathanapuram village in the Panruti police station, police said.
SI V Agasa Moorthy of Vadalur police station had yesterday arrested Kannan for allegedly selling lottery tickets and taken him to Panruti station where he was interrogated.
The accused was lodged in the lockup in the station and was found dead this morning. His relatives alleged that Kannan died due to beating by police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing