Man dies in police custody; SI suspended
Cuddalore: A 50-year old man, arrested for allegedly selling banned lottery tickets, died in police custody in the district today.
A sub-inspector of police was suspended by District Superintendent of Police A Rathika in connection with the death of T Kannan alias Murugan of Aaabathanapuram village in the Panruti police station, police said.
SI V Agasa Moorthy of Vadalur police station had yesterday arrested Kannan for allegedly selling lottery tickets and taken him to Panruti station where he was interrogated.
The accused was lodged in the lockup in the station and was found dead this morning. His relatives alleged that Kannan died due to beating by police.
- Solar-powered plane to soar again on round-the-world flight
- India-born Sanjeev Gupta's Liberty House to bid for Tata Steel UK on Tuesday
- Deepika Padukone NOT in Salman Khan film?
- MUST WATCH: BJP MP Navjot Singh Sidhu's amazing speech on religion in Muslim conference
- SRH vs RCB, IPL 2016: Why David Warner was unhappy with Tabraiz Shamsi’s 'Bus Driver' celebration!