Man fled with Rs 50 lakh worth gold ornaments held
Coimbatore: A 24-year-old goldsmith, who had escaped with 1.75 kg of gold ornaments from a jewellery manufacturing unit here, was arrested from Mumbai and brought here on Monday, top police officials said.
Sujay Choudhary, hailing from Kolkata, was working in the unit at Vadavalli on the outskirts.
He came to the unit on February 17 and packed the gold worth about Rs 50 lakh in a bag.
When the watchman asked him to show the bag, he threw sulphuric acid on him and escaped, K Sundaramurthy, IG West Zone, told reporters.
A police team nabbed Choudhary from Wadala in Mumbai yesterday and brought here this morning, he said.
All the ornaments were recovered from his possession.
He was remanded to 14 days custody, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!