Man forces Dalit boy to carry footwear on head; ar
Madurai: An upper caste man who reportedly forced a 12-year-old Dalit boy to carry his footwear on his head and paraded him in a village in the district last week was arrested at Dindigul railway station on Sunday, police said.
The boy was returning home from school in Vadukapatti village after checking his annul exam results last Monday when the man caught him, forced him to carry the footwear on his head and paraded him.
The boy complained to his mother, a widow, who took up the matter with the man and his family, who refused to apologise, following which she filed a complaint with police.
The man`s father and brother were arrested yesterday, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui