Man from Bihar sentenced to life imprisonment
Salem (TN): A man from Bihar was on Thursday sentenced to life imprisonment by a local court for murdering an old man and his son at their residence in Suramangalam area last year.
The prosecution case was Ramesh Maajee, scouting the area at around midnight of March 17 2012, knocked at the door of their house while the two were sleeping outside.
They woke up on hearing the sound and questioned him but he could not give proper replies as he did not know Tamil. He suddenly took out a wooden club and hit them on their heads. Both died on the spot.
Additional district judge A Rajasekar, after hearing the arguments, sentenced the man to life imprisonment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket explodes minutes after Florida launch
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional