Man from Bihar sentenced to life imprisonment
Salem (TN): A man from Bihar was on Thursday sentenced to life imprisonment by a local court for murdering an old man and his son at their residence in Suramangalam area last year.
The prosecution case was Ramesh Maajee, scouting the area at around midnight of March 17 2012, knocked at the door of their house while the two were sleeping outside.
They woke up on hearing the sound and questioned him but he could not give proper replies as he did not know Tamil. He suddenly took out a wooden club and hit them on their heads. Both died on the spot.
Additional district judge A Rajasekar, after hearing the arguments, sentenced the man to life imprisonment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested