Man from Bihar sentenced to life imprisonment
Salem (TN): A man from Bihar was on Thursday sentenced to life imprisonment by a local court for murdering an old man and his son at their residence in Suramangalam area last year.
The prosecution case was Ramesh Maajee, scouting the area at around midnight of March 17 2012, knocked at the door of their house while the two were sleeping outside.
They woke up on hearing the sound and questioned him but he could not give proper replies as he did not know Tamil. He suddenly took out a wooden club and hit them on their heads. Both died on the spot.
Additional district judge A Rajasekar, after hearing the arguments, sentenced the man to life imprisonment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi