Man from Bihar sentenced to life imprisonment
Salem (TN): A man from Bihar was on Thursday sentenced to life imprisonment by a local court for murdering an old man and his son at their residence in Suramangalam area last year.
The prosecution case was Ramesh Maajee, scouting the area at around midnight of March 17 2012, knocked at the door of their house while the two were sleeping outside.
They woke up on hearing the sound and questioned him but he could not give proper replies as he did not know Tamil. He suddenly took out a wooden club and hit them on their heads. Both died on the spot.
Additional district judge A Rajasekar, after hearing the arguments, sentenced the man to life imprisonment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Does religion teach gender discrimination?
- Does religion teach gender discrimination? - Part III
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!