Man from Bihar sentenced to life imprisonment
Salem (TN): A man from Bihar was on Thursday sentenced to life imprisonment by a local court for murdering an old man and his son at their residence in Suramangalam area last year.
The prosecution case was Ramesh Maajee, scouting the area at around midnight of March 17 2012, knocked at the door of their house while the two were sleeping outside.
They woke up on hearing the sound and questioned him but he could not give proper replies as he did not know Tamil. He suddenly took out a wooden club and hit them on their heads. Both died on the spot.
Additional district judge A Rajasekar, after hearing the arguments, sentenced the man to life imprisonment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden