Man from Chennai arrested for abducting minor girl
Hyderabad: A man from Chennai was arrested from the Mallepally area here on Thursday on charges of abducting a minor girl from Old City and taking her to Kerala after making false promises of training her in singing.
Accused Mohammed Mustafa, rented a house in Asif Nagar and allegedly kidnapped a 15-year-old girl staying in his neighbourhood on December 11, took her to Alappuzha and kept her in his friend`s house, Deputy Commissioner of Police (West Zone) V Satyanarayana told reporters here today.
Allegedly, he made false promises of getting her trained in singing and abducted her from the custody of her parents, the DCP said.
Mustafa allegedly prepared a fake `voter ID card` for the victim with a fake name and showed her to a few people, the senior police officer said, adding the accused wanted the victim to change her name.
Allegedly, he planned to traffic the minor girl to Dubai, the DCP said.
Following a complaint, the Humayun Nagar police registered a case under Section 366 (kidnapping) and Section 345 (wrongful confinement)of the Indian Penal Code against Mustafa, rescued the girl from his friend`s house at Alappuzha and arrested Mustafa today.
Besides this case, Mustafa allegedly collected huge amounts from several people telling that his consignment was held up in the airport for customs clearance, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read