Man gets death sentence for rape, murder of minor
Mysore: A local court on Saturday awarded death penalty to a 24-year-old man after finding him guilty of rape and murder of a minor girl.
District and Sessions Court Judge Rudramani pronounced the death sentence on Nanjappa (24) as prosecution proved the charge that he raped and murdered the four-year-old girl in 2011.
After committing the heinous crime, the convict had made enquiries with the girl`s grandmother on her whereabouts to mislead police.
However, Nanjappa had confessed to the crime during interrogation, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says