Man gets death sentence for rape, murder of minor
Mysore: A local court on Saturday awarded death penalty to a 24-year-old man after finding him guilty of rape and murder of a minor girl.
District and Sessions Court Judge Rudramani pronounced the death sentence on Nanjappa (24) as prosecution proved the charge that he raped and murdered the four-year-old girl in 2011.
After committing the heinous crime, the convict had made enquiries with the girl`s grandmother on her whereabouts to mislead police.
However, Nanjappa had confessed to the crime during interrogation, police said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive