Man gets death sentence for rape, murder of minor
Mysore: A local court on Saturday awarded death penalty to a 24-year-old man after finding him guilty of rape and murder of a minor girl.
District and Sessions Court Judge Rudramani pronounced the death sentence on Nanjappa (24) as prosecution proved the charge that he raped and murdered the four-year-old girl in 2011.
After committing the heinous crime, the convict had made enquiries with the girl`s grandmother on her whereabouts to mislead police.
However, Nanjappa had confessed to the crime during interrogation, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt