Man gets death sentence for rape, murder of minor
Mysore: A local court on Saturday awarded death penalty to a 24-year-old man after finding him guilty of rape and murder of a minor girl.
District and Sessions Court Judge Rudramani pronounced the death sentence on Nanjappa (24) as prosecution proved the charge that he raped and murdered the four-year-old girl in 2011.
After committing the heinous crime, the convict had made enquiries with the girl`s grandmother on her whereabouts to mislead police.
However, Nanjappa had confessed to the crime during interrogation, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands