Man gets death sentence for rape, murder of minor
Mysore: A local court on Saturday awarded death penalty to a 24-year-old man after finding him guilty of rape and murder of a minor girl.
District and Sessions Court Judge Rudramani pronounced the death sentence on Nanjappa (24) as prosecution proved the charge that he raped and murdered the four-year-old girl in 2011.
After committing the heinous crime, the convict had made enquiries with the girl`s grandmother on her whereabouts to mislead police.
However, Nanjappa had confessed to the crime during interrogation, police said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference