Man gets life term for murdering woman
Erode (Tamil Nadu): A local court on Thursday sentenced a 28-year-old man to life for murdering a woman near here about five years ago.
Karthicksamy had an affair with a married woman working in a textile firm, where he was also employed, according to the prosecution.
Fed up with the woman`s frequent demanded for money, the accused strangled her to death in the textile firm`s bathroom on July 31, 2008.
The verdict was pronounced by Second Additional District Judge Sarvamangala.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees