Man gets life term for murdering woman
Erode (Tamil Nadu): A local court on Thursday sentenced a 28-year-old man to life for murdering a woman near here about five years ago.
Karthicksamy had an affair with a married woman working in a textile firm, where he was also employed, according to the prosecution.
Fed up with the woman`s frequent demanded for money, the accused strangled her to death in the textile firm`s bathroom on July 31, 2008.
The verdict was pronounced by Second Additional District Judge Sarvamangala.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre