Man gets two fake Rs 500 notes from ATM
Tirunelveli: A man reportedly got two fake Rs 500 notes while withdrawing money from an ATM of a private bank at Panakudi in the district, police said on Sunday.
The man realised the notes were fake after a shopkeeper refused to accept the money, they said.
He then approached bank officials but they displayed an "indifferent attitude", following which he approached police and filed a complaint, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics