Man held for allegedly harassing German girl on train
Chennai: A youth has been arrested here for allegedly sexually harassing an 18-year-old German girl on a city-bound train, police said on Wednesday.
The incident happened on the West Coast Express on January 11 and the youth has been identified as 22-year-old Chandan Kumar, a native of Bihar, police said.
Kumar, a carpenter by profession and working at a furniture store in suburban Kundrathur, was returning after an official visit to Mangalore.
Soon after the train reached Chennai, the victim lodged a complaint and the perpetrator of the alleged crime was arrested, police said, adding, he was remanded in judicial custody today.
A case under IPC Section 376 (rape) has been registered by the Government Railway Police.
Asked about the antecedents of the accused, investigating officer Saravanan said that this seemed to be his first crime.
The victim was on a visit to the heritage town of Mahabalipuram near Chennai, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug