Man keeps police on tenterhooks
Erode: High-drama was witnessed here when a 27-year-old man, who allegedly stole a two-wheeler, kept police on tenterhooks for four hours threatening that he would commit suicide if they tried to arrest him before finally being taken into custody, police said.
The vehicle was later found abandoned in Singara Street, Anthiyur and when police traced his house, they found it was locked from inside.
Police sources said Shanmugavel threatened police that he would commit suicide if they tried to enter the house and arrest him. Police tried to pacify him for more than three hours. Finally some policemen scaled over the house-roof, removed the tiles, jumped in and arrested him.
A case of two-wheeler theft was registered against Shanmugavel and he was remanded to judicial custody on Wednesday.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!