Man keeps police on tenterhooks
Erode: High-drama was witnessed here when a 27-year-old man, who allegedly stole a two-wheeler, kept police on tenterhooks for four hours threatening that he would commit suicide if they tried to arrest him before finally being taken into custody, police said.
The vehicle was later found abandoned in Singara Street, Anthiyur and when police traced his house, they found it was locked from inside.
Police sources said Shanmugavel threatened police that he would commit suicide if they tried to enter the house and arrest him. Police tried to pacify him for more than three hours. Finally some policemen scaled over the house-roof, removed the tiles, jumped in and arrested him.
A case of two-wheeler theft was registered against Shanmugavel and he was remanded to judicial custody on Wednesday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror