Man seeks court intervention in checking irregular
Madurai: A man has approached the Madras High Court urging it to order the state government to take back all the milch animals distributed free-of-cost under a scheme in his village and give them to eligible beneficiaries.
Justice Kirubarakaran issued notices to the Pudukottai district collector and the panchayat president of K Rayavaram village in this regard.
Petitioner K R Muthu, vice-president of the panchayat, had submitted that as per a government order, 30 per cent of beneficiaries should be selected from the SC/ST communities.
But not even a single beneficiary belonged to the SC/ST communities and those selected were not eligible, he said.
The petitioner added that no action was taken despite the fact that a representation had been made to the collector about the irregularities.
Hence, the court should also direct the collector to enquire into the selection process of beneficiaries and direct the president to act strictly as per the government order in selecting beneficiaries for the scheme, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- DNA: What the MTCR membership actually means for India?
- WATCH: More like Messi! Three most-talked about penalty misses by legendary footballers
- Crashed EgyptAir plane's data recorder repaired
- Six people found dead in Jharkhand; Maoist's role suspected
- Mexico police, troops `routinely` rape arrested women: Amnesty
- `India wants normalisation with Pakistan on its terms`