Man seeks court intervention in checking irregular
Madurai: A man has approached the Madras High Court urging it to order the state government to take back all the milch animals distributed free-of-cost under a scheme in his village and give them to eligible beneficiaries.
Justice Kirubarakaran issued notices to the Pudukottai district collector and the panchayat president of K Rayavaram village in this regard.
Petitioner K R Muthu, vice-president of the panchayat, had submitted that as per a government order, 30 per cent of beneficiaries should be selected from the SC/ST communities.
But not even a single beneficiary belonged to the SC/ST communities and those selected were not eligible, he said.
The petitioner added that no action was taken despite the fact that a representation had been made to the collector about the irregularities.
Hence, the court should also direct the collector to enquire into the selection process of beneficiaries and direct the president to act strictly as per the government order in selecting beneficiaries for the scheme, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port