Man sentenced to 2 years imprisonment for torturing wife
Virudhunagar (Tamil Nadu): A man has been sentenced to two years imprisonment by a local court for torturing his wife to divorce him so that he could marry another woman with whom he had an illicit relationship.
Pronouncing the judgement, Judicial Magistrate R Joseph Joy also imposed a Rs 1,000 fine on 35-year-old M Pandimurugan.
The 25-year-old woman, mother of two children, complained to the Sivakasi All Women Police Station on July,24, 2009 that her husband had an illicit relationship with another woman and was torturing her to sign the divorce papers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part II
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part III
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter - Part II
- Syrian base used by Russia damaged in IS attack: Report
- Those who don''t gossip could become saints, says Pope
- Mafia don's calls: Maharashtra minister hits back at AAP
- Digvijay Singh seeks judicial probe into fake Batla House encounter
- Rahul Gandhi to lead rally against Arvind Kejriwal govt, Centre on May 28