Man sentenced to 2 years imprisonment for torturing wife
Virudhunagar (Tamil Nadu): A man has been sentenced to two years imprisonment by a local court for torturing his wife to divorce him so that he could marry another woman with whom he had an illicit relationship.
Pronouncing the judgement, Judicial Magistrate R Joseph Joy also imposed a Rs 1,000 fine on 35-year-old M Pandimurugan.
The 25-year-old woman, mother of two children, complained to the Sivakasi All Women Police Station on July,24, 2009 that her husband had an illicit relationship with another woman and was torturing her to sign the divorce papers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Sterling, stocks skid as Brexit result agonisingly close
- REVEALED: Anil Kumble's first message to India captains Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Virat Kohli after appointment
- 'Mirzya' trailer alert! Harshvardhan Kapoor spells enchanting cast in a splendid tale by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat to share dais with Leonardo DiCaprio in UK: Reports
- Oops! Salman Khan mocks Hollywood return Priyanka Chopra and Deepika Padukone, but WHY?