Man sentenced to 2 years imprisonment for torturing wife
Virudhunagar (Tamil Nadu): A man has been sentenced to two years imprisonment by a local court for torturing his wife to divorce him so that he could marry another woman with whom he had an illicit relationship.
Pronouncing the judgement, Judicial Magistrate R Joseph Joy also imposed a Rs 1,000 fine on 35-year-old M Pandimurugan.
The 25-year-old woman, mother of two children, complained to the Sivakasi All Women Police Station on July,24, 2009 that her husband had an illicit relationship with another woman and was torturing her to sign the divorce papers.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- No takers for Kingfisher Airlines brand at online auction
- Uttarakhand forest fire: PMO assures help for relief work
- AgustaWestland row: Aam Aadmi Party to gherao Sonia Gandhi, PM Narendra Modi's residence on May 7
- Poll contest in Kerala heading from 'bi-polar' to 'tri-polar': Arun Jaitley
- VVIP chopper scam: No deal inked with AgustaWestland, says Govt