Man sentenced to 2 years imprisonment for torturing wife
Virudhunagar (Tamil Nadu): A man has been sentenced to two years imprisonment by a local court for torturing his wife to divorce him so that he could marry another woman with whom he had an illicit relationship.
Pronouncing the judgement, Judicial Magistrate R Joseph Joy also imposed a Rs 1,000 fine on 35-year-old M Pandimurugan.
The 25-year-old woman, mother of two children, complained to the Sivakasi All Women Police Station on July,24, 2009 that her husband had an illicit relationship with another woman and was torturing her to sign the divorce papers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Asafa Powell fills Usain Bolt`s shoes and targets personal best