Man sentenced to life for burning wife to death
Ramanathapuram: A 32-year-old man was sentenced to life on Wednesday by a local court here for burning his wife to death about two years ago.
Rafi Naina Mohammed set Noorikhan (29) ablaze on June 19, 2009 at Nambuthalai village, after she refused to ask her father for money to help him set up a tea shop, police said.
Mohammed, a tea master, had asked his wife to get Rs 50,000 from her father for setting up the shop on his own, they said.
Noorikhan had given a dying declaration blaming her husband for burning her, they added.
Besides life imprisonment, the judge also slapped a fine of Rs 1,000 on Mohammed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: Today in History, 24th September, 2016
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi