Man sentenced to life for burning wife to death
Ramanathapuram: A 32-year-old man was sentenced to life on Wednesday by a local court here for burning his wife to death about two years ago.
Rafi Naina Mohammed set Noorikhan (29) ablaze on June 19, 2009 at Nambuthalai village, after she refused to ask her father for money to help him set up a tea shop, police said.
Mohammed, a tea master, had asked his wife to get Rs 50,000 from her father for setting up the shop on his own, they said.
Noorikhan had given a dying declaration blaming her husband for burning her, they added.
Besides life imprisonment, the judge also slapped a fine of Rs 1,000 on Mohammed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!