Man sentenced to life for raping minor in TN
Erode (TN): A women`s court here has sentenced a 31-year-old man to life imprisonment for raping a 11-year-old girl two years back.
The prosecution case was that the man had lured the girl to an isolated spot on Sept 28, 2012, while she was playing with her friends, raped her and then fled.
The girl informed her parents the same night, who then filed a complaint with police. The man was arrested a few days later and a charge sheet filed against him.
Women`s Court Judge Sarvamangala yesterday sentenced Loganathan to life imprisonment and also ordered him to pay a fine of Rs 1.10 lakh to the court, of which Rs one lakh would be given to the girl.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical