Man shot dead, aide injured after attack on realtor`s kin
Kanchipuram: A man was shot dead by police and his aide injured when they attacked the sister-in-law of a realtor after barging into her house at nearby Punjarasanthangal village.
Police said the two armed men forced their way into the house yesterday, bolted it from inside and attacked her. Her father-in-law who was locked out of the house, shouted for help following which neighbours arrived at the spot.
An Armed Reserve constable and another policeman guarding her relative`s house nearby also rushed to the spot and went inside to find the duo holding the woman hostage at knife-point, they said.
Following this, the constable opened fire killing one of them. People gathered outside rushed inside and roughed up the other person.
The injured woman and the man have been hospitalised.
Cops suspect that the two men were henchmen of an illicit arrack seller and real estate broker Sridhar, who had a long standing feud with one Arumugam over some property deals.
Arumugam`s two sons were reportedly killed by members of Sridhar gang. The surviving son had been given police protection on a court order.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says