Man shot dead, aide injured after attack on realtor`s kin
Kanchipuram (TN): A man was shot dead by police and his aide injured when they attacked the sister-in-law of a realtor after barging into her house at nearby Punjarasanthangal village.
Police said the two armed men forced their way into the house on Friday, bolted it from inside and attacked her. Her father-in-law who was locked out of the house, shouted for help following which neighbours arrived at the spot.
An Armed Reserve constable and another policeman guarding her relative`s house nearby also rushed to the spot and went inside to find the duo holding the woman hostage at knife-point, they said.
Following this, the constable opened fire killing one of them. People gathered outside rushed inside and roughed up the other person.
The injured woman and the man have been hospitalised.
Cops suspect that the two men were henchmen of an illicit arrack seller and real estate broker Sridhar, who had a long standing feud with one Arumugam over some property deals.
Arumugam`s two sons were reportedly killed by members of Sridhar gang. The surviving son had been given police protection on a court order.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere